Guardianship in Utah
The Office of Public Guardian is the state agency responsible for public guardianship and conservatorship services for persons with incapacities and without any other person to serve as their guardian or conservator.
Learn more here
A Quick Guide to our Services
Guardianship is a legal arrangement through which a person (the guardian) is legally authorized to make decisions for another person (the protected person).
Who can become a guardian?
Any competent adult and some agencies can be appointed as a guardian. The law gives preference, however, to appointment of the following persons in the following order:
- Persons suggested by the protected person, in the event they are capable of expressing a preference
- Close and appropriate family members of the protected person
Find What You're Looking For.
- Utah Office of Public Guardian
- Telephone Contact (801) 538-8255
- Main Address 195 North 1950 West Salt Lake City, Utah 84116